Spot Loans

Loss of Owner

Loss of Owner

Needs to Re-title/Register an automobile upon loss of Owner

Needed Papers

The following documents are needed to offer or designate the car in relation to the liberties of Survivorship (please be aware “Exceptions” below):

Car is jointly titled to renters By The Entirety (partners):

  • A duplicate for the Death Certificate identifying the surviving partner.

Vehicle is jointly titled and name states ownership to be Joint Tenants or Partners:

  • A duplicate associated with Death Certificate.

Vehicle titled to dead just and ownership states Transfer on Death “TOD”:


  • A duplicate for the Death Certificate.
  • A letter from an officer regarding the court saying that the dead died intestate, there’s absolutely no property become probated or the property do not need to be probated, and names the person who has got the rights of ownership to your car. In the event that officer regarding the court is from out-of-state, additional proof is necessary that the authority is a part regarding the Bar or even a Court formal.